Ethical Leadership Delivering Results
I am running for the Illinois General Assembly because I believe we need honest, ethical individuals to represent us at all levels of government. I also believe we need elected officials willing to step away from extreme partisanship and work together to address the needs and interests of our State and Country in a kinder, mutually respectful and collaborative manner. This is what we have successfully committed ourselves to doing in Woodstock and I want to boldly carry that message forward to Springfield as Representative of the 63rd District in the Illinois House of Representatives.
The Sager Agenda
- Lower prescription drug prices
- Overhaul state ethics laws to restore trust in government.
- Prioritize education funding as the State’s top priority.
- Restore fiscal discipline and reduce tax burden.
- Push for clean energy to create jobs and reduce climate change.
- Demand greater access to health care, especially mental health and addiction services.
- Provide affordable Medicare and Medicaid for seniors and families.
- Protect a woman’s right to personal choice.
I’m afraid we have become complacent in Illinois and have adopted the message others have scripted for us; that is, Illinois is in hopeless decline. The fact is Illinois is one of the finest states in the country, ranking 21st in global GDP and centrally located with an exceptional transportation network; rich soils and natural resources, including quality water; major contributing corporate investors; an entrepreneurial spirit and an abundance of small business second to none; some of the finest educational and medical institutions in the world; and people who are accustomed to taking on an unattainable goal and making it our reality. It is time we work together to take control of our message and create the opportunities that will ensure our individual and collective future.